B.A. HSE and University of London Parallel Degree Programme in International Relations
The HSE and University of London Parallel Degree Programme in International Relations is offered by the National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) is an English-taught parallel degree programme that combines the academic strengths of HSE and University of London and enables students to earn Russian and British degrees.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Tuition Fee:||720 000 RUB / year|
Over the HSE and University of London Parallel Degree Programme in International Relations at National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) students study a wide range of subjects, including political science, history, economics, and foreign languages.
Graduates of the programme are well prepared to begin their careers in business, civil service or academia, or to continue their education by pursuing a master’s degree in Russia or internationally.
Led entirely in English, the parallel degree International Relations Bachelor programme prepares students for careers in the international public and private spheres. Successful graduates receive two degrees: a Russian Bachelor in International Relations from HSE and a British Bachelor of Science (BSc) in International Relations from University of London (UoL).
All courses are taught in Moscow and students can apply to participate in short-term study programmes (for example, summer schools) in the UK. Staff from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (which serves as the Lead College for the University of London International Relations BSc) develop the programme’s syllabi, prepare study materials, and assess students.
- Academic Argumentation
- Academic Writing
- Data Analysis in R
- Safe Living Basics
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Introduction to Corporate Finance
- Introduction to International Law
“I love my programme. In the Master of Population and Development, I feel like I learned how the world works, and so many things that I have seen around the world make more sense to me now. I also love our professors.“
Patrick Whelan // Canada
The program in the field of International Relations prepares specialists in different areas, who speak English at a high level, who is familiar with the international aspects of various applied questions, and also have basic practical skills in a number of areas (see Specializations). The graduates’ employment experience of the “International Relations”, as well as their career with two diplomas (HSE and University of London) allow us to identify the following career and educational trajectories for our students:
- Iternational departments specialists in Russian and foreign companies responsible for international communications, negotiations, transaction support and contracting
- Expert analysts and risk analysts preparing reports for business and investment companies (McKinsey, Big four– PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG)
- Translators-consultants abroad (in another country or region) in large domestic and foreign enterprises
- Journalists and editors of leading international news agencies, media, also publishing houses as Elsevier, Thomson Reuters, McGraw-Hill etc.