M.A. Socioeconomic and Political Development of Modern Asia
This Socioeconomic and Political Development of Modern Asia programmes from National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) trains young researchers to conduct interdisciplinary research, employing up-to-date methodologies to study the interaction of issues of politics, economics, sociology, culture, ethnicity, religions, and linguistics with regards to Asian countries and peoples.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Tuition Fee:||390 000 RUB / year|
The Socioeconomic and Political Development of Modern Asia programme from National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) enables students to hone their knowledge and skills, preparing them for international careers in academia, diplomacy, or with non-governmental and governmental corporations. The programme has a partnership with City University of Hong Kong.
What are the benefits of the programme?
This MA Programme has the distinction of being the sole Programme on Asian Studies in Russia, taught in English language. It is also unique in using written sources in the languages of Asian regions as the fundamental teaching and research material. This is the only MA Programme focused on Contemporary Asian Studies. Students from different countries participate in this Programme, creating the benefit of global intellectual interaction.
- The Key Problems in Asian Studies Research
- State, Society and Economy in East Asia
- European Union and China
- Research seminar ‘New Approaches to Sociopolitical and Economic Development of Asia”
- New Approaches to Sociopolitical and Economic Development of Asia
- Modern Asian Political Processes
- Ethno-religious Processes in Asia
“I love my programme. In the Master of Population and Development, I feel like I learned how the world works, and so many things that I have seen around the world make more sense to me now. I also love our professors.“
Patrick Whelan // Canada
Students, who graduated from our Master’s programme “Socio-economic and Political Development of Modern Asia”, are highly demanded in:
- Governmental organizations which are closely related to the countries of Asia and Africa. (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Economic Development, Ministry of Education and Science, Governing Institutions of the Regions).
- International and intergovernmental organizations, in particular, the departments of the SCO and the UN;
- Expert, industrial and governmental research organizations, which are involved in the analysis of the political and economic environment of the East.
- Institutions of the higher education associated with the countries of Asia and Africa.
- Informational agencies and mass media. (ITAR-TASS, RIA-Novosti, “The Voice of Russia”, VGTRK, “Russia Today” etc).
- Organizations of the science and research. (Institute of Oriental Studies (of the Russian Academy of Sciences), Institute of Far Eastern studies (RAS), IMEMO etc.).
- Сompanies that have an economic interest in broadening our cooperation with the East. (Gazprom, Lukoil, Transneft etc.).