Master in Economics, Politics, and Business in Asia
Economics, Politics, and Business in Asia is a practice-oriented, English-language dual Master’s degree programme at leading universities in Russia and Asia: National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) and Kyung Hee University.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Tuition Fee:||390 000 RUB / year|
During this Economics, Politics, and Business in Asia programme, students are enrolled at two universities simultaneously, National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) and Kyung Hee University, and select one of the following tracks: Business in Asia or International Relations in Asia.
The first and final semester of the programme take place in Moscow, and the second and third at Kyung Hee University (Seoul).
Graduates of the programme will be awarded:
- a Master’s degree in Foreign Area Studies from HSE University;
- an MBA in Asian Business or MA in International Relations from Kyung Hee University.
This will enable graduates to build careers relating to countries in Asia across a wide range of specializations.
During your studies
- While in the programme, students are simultaneously enrolled at both universities and pursue one of two tracks: Business in Asia or International Relations in Asia.
- The Business in Asia track involves training specialists on organizational and managerial topics related to international business in China, Korea and Japan. At Kyung Hee University, students will study in the Faculty of Business and Management and receive an MBA – Asian Business.
- The International Relations in Asia track involves training specialists in international relations with a focus on political and economic processes in Asia. At Kyung Hee University, students will study in the Faculty of Foreign Regional Studies and receive a Master of International Relations.
- The first and last semesters of the programme will take place in Moscow, while the second and third semesters will be completed in Seoul.
- Introduction Courses
- Approval of the Thesis Topic and Supervisor
- Research Seminar
- Elective: Asian Language
- Research Seminar
- Core Courses
- Internship (non-compulsory)
“I love my programme. In the Master of Population and Development, I feel like I learned how the world works, and so many things that I have seen around the world make more sense to me now. I also love our professors.“
Patrick Whelan // Canada
Graduates of the programme will have managerial skills in international business, as well as knowledge of the principles and unique characteristics of business communication and business ethics in East Asia. They will be prepared to pursue careers in the following fields:
- Public service
- Science and education
- International journalism