Master in Business and Politics in Modern Asia
This Business and Politics in Modern Asia programme at National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) provides students with a range of skills needed to understand the developments that are taking place in contemporary East Asia.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Tuition Fee:||300 000 RUB / year|
|Location:||St. Petersburg, Russia|
This Business and Politics in Modern Asia programme at National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) concentrates both on the general Asian processes as well as at the development of particular countries, primarily China, Japan, Korea, and the region of South and Southeast Asia.
The program focuses mainly on the issues in business and political processes in Asia, including business and entrepreneurship, political and financial elites of the region, national-specific issues and intercultural communication between Europe, Russia and Asia.
The program combines two main approaches: academic and applied. On the one hand, the program covers the fundamentals of political, economic, social and national-specific processes in Asia. On the other hand, the program develops practical skills for cooperation with Asian countries, both at the level of political and business consulting, as well as at the level of everyday business.
Objectives of the program
As a result of the program, students should:
- understand the basics of the methodology for analyzing, evaluating and forecasting political processes, economic and national-specific risks in modern Asia;
- learn to communicate with the political and financial elites of Asia;
- study the basics of Asian business, entrepreneurship, management, investments, trade, economic and political cooperation;
- understand the strategy of promoting their interests in Asian markets, bringing foreign projects to Asia, and establishing multilateral Euro-Asian cooperation in politics and business connections;
- learn to protect their interests when working in Asian markets, including intellectual property rights, patents, trademarks and technological secrets;
- develop skills on building relationships between Asian, Russian and European partners, to understand the negotiation process, due diligences and compliance.
- The Key Problems in Asian Studies Research
- Introduction to Business and Cross-Cultural Communication in Asian Countries
- Methodology for Sociopolitical Research in East Asia
- Research Seminar
- Research Seminar “Cross-Cultural Communication in Asia”
- National Identity, Social and Political Development in Asia
- Politics, Elites and Governance in Asia
- Russia and Asian Countries
“I love my programme. In the Master of Population and Development, I feel like I learned how the world works, and so many things that I have seen around the world make more sense to me now. I also love our professors.“
Patrick Whelan // Canada
The rapid development of Asian economies and East-West political and economic cooperation will continue to provide many careers in:
- Political and business analytics and expertise in think tanks;
- Consulting: political and economic consulting and crisis-management;
- In government agencies departments and private companies developing business relations with Asian countries;
- In SME, private entrepreneurship and networking in the crossroad of EU, Asia and Russia countries;
- In public service and in media industry