Master in Finance
The Finance programme which is offered by National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) prepares highly qualified and competitive specialists for careers in the financial sector.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Tuition Fee:||390 000 RUB / year|
|Location:||St. Petersburg, Russia|
The Master’s programme in Finance at National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) focuses on creating and developing competencies in financial management for financial institutions and non-financial companies.
The main emphasis is on contemporary theory and modern practices in corporate finance. At the same time, the programme provides fundamental knowledge in the broad area of finance that ensures our graduates are prepared for a diversity of career pathways, including in, the real sector of the economy, banks, investment funds, consulting companies, insurance companies and elsewhere.
The focus on research-based teaching, delivered through a combination of student research projects, internship opportunities, dissertation work and taught courses also equips students for entry into an academic career via a PhD programme.
Training professional and responsible decision-makers and leaders in the broad area of finance, suited to taking competitive leadership positions in uncertain and changing global markets.
Education of knowledgeable professionals able to apply academic theories and analytic tools to solve practical financial problems.
On completion of the programme, students will acquire the necessary competencies in financial management with the focus on risk management for non-financial corporations, and an ability to perform research in different fields of finance, including corporate finance, risk management, and financial markets.
- Corporate Finance
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Research Seminar
- Research Seminar “Research Methods in Finance”
- Strategic Financial Management
- Theory of Finance
- Financial Markets and Institutions
“I love my programme. In the Master of Population and Development, I feel like I learned how the world works, and so many things that I have seen around the world make more sense to me now. I also love our professors.“
Patrick Whelan // Canada
- Real sector of economy – Gazprom, Rosneft, Vimpelcom, MTS, Megafon, GE, Maersk, DHL, Nissan Manufacturing, Japan Tobacco International, etc.
- Banks, investment and insurance companies – Central Bank of Russia, Sberbank, VTB, Bank Saint Petersburg, Citi, Raiffaisen, Metlife, SoGAZ etc.
- Audit and consulting – EY, KPMG, pwc, BDO Unicon, etc.
- IT and other services – Rosengineering, Veemware, Corynthia Hotels, Zentit FC, etc.